Cracked Tooth Emergency CareCracked Tooth Emergency Care
Normally, teeth are extremely strong but they can crack (fracture), chip or break. This can happen in a number of ways:
- Biting down on harder foods
- Being suffered a face hit
- Having cavities that weaken down the surrounding tooth
- Having old fillings which do not support rest of the tooth enamel
Cracked Tooth Emergency Treatment
At South Dental Associates, our dentists treat different types of cracked tooth emergency cases with specific treatment procedures.
- Minor cracks: Only the outer tooth surface known as the enamel suffers from a minor crack and depending on the severity, it may or may not require treatment. Our dentists would apply a light polish to smoothen up the rough edges, recommend a restorative filling.
- Cracked tooth: The entire tooth surface is involved in this type of condition. If remained untreated, the crack could spread around. Our dentists will repair it with the use of filling material. They may put a crown to prevent it getting worse. A root canal treatment might be needed if other live nerves and tissues are damaged.
- Chipped tooth: In case of a chipped tooth, our dentists will use filling materials to prevent further deterioration.
- Broken cusp: Our dentists could repair a broken cusp with the help a crown or onlay.
- Serious breaks: These types of breaks expose the nerve. Our dentists will conduct a root canal treatment and finally use a crown to restore the original shape of teeth. Some teeth may not be restorable and will need extraction.
Our practice includes comprehensive and cosmetic dental treatment. Dental exam, oral cancer exam, dental cleaning, deep cleaning, dental filling, dental crown, dental bridge, dental implant, root canal, denture, TMJ appliance, teeth whitening, cosmetic braces, clear aligner braces, bite guards, etc. are provided by us. It is our responsibility to take care of everyone who visits us.
Taking proper care of your teeth is important not just to keep them in good condition, but also to keep them shiny and bright forever. Allow us to prevent and restore the optimal function and esthetics of your teeth.call us today